First time buyer
Remember to read our enhanced 90% LTV criteria for first time buyers before submitting an application.
Applicants who haven't held a mortgage in the last three years (this includes UK and non-UK mortgages).
All applicants to the mortgage need to be first time buyers to qualify for first time buyer products/discounts.
Applicants who are capital-raising on a mortgage free (unencumbered) property must be classed as remortgage customers, regardless of the length of time they have been unencumbered. "First Time Buyer" should only be used for a purchase transaction.
We're helping your clients get on the property ladder
- Mortgages up to 90% LTV from our homebuyer product range (on 90% LTV products for first time buyers, the maximum loan size is £500,000). Please read our enhanced 90% LTV criteria for first time buyers before applying.
- Further access to low deposit mortgages through our support of affordable housing and government backed schemes
- £500** cashback on all of our £0 and £999 product fee options
- No standard valuation fees
- Help to Buy: ISAs accepted from any lender towards the property purchase price
- 10% annual overpayment allowance on fixed rate products
- No ERCs on tracker products
- Maximum term of 40 years (Maximum term of 25 years on lending greater than 85%)
- Fully portable products, helping your client to move again in the future
**First time buyer cashback eligibility:
- Only one £500 cashback will be paid per mortgage and is payable to your client within one month of completion of the mortgage.
- This cashback offer only applies to customers whose product was reserved on or after 13 May 2015.
- To qualify as a first time buyer your client mustn’t have held a mortgage in the last three years (this includes UK and non-UK mortgages).
- All applicants to the mortgage need to be first time buyers to qualify for first time buyer products/cashback.