What is Deposit Unlock?
Deposit Unlock allows your clients to borrow 90.01-95% Loan to Value (LTV) up to a maximum loan of £750,000, on New Build properties.
The scheme supports both first time buyers and home movers with a low deposit to buy a New Build property. It's exclusively for New Build homes with developers participating across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. For more details, download our Deposit Unlock infographic.
If you'd like to see a list of participating builders, please check the Home Builders Federation website.
Please note, the builder must approve the use of Deposit Unlock before proceeding with the application.
Why choose Nationwide?
We're proud to participate in Deposit Unlock, to make buying a New Build home more achievable for your clients.
With a Nationwide mortgage and using Deposit Unlock, your clients could:
- Buy a New Build home with just a 5% deposit
- Borrow between 90.01% and 95% of the property value
- Borrow up to £750,000
- Borrow for up to 40 years.
Nationwide's standard affordability criteria applies when applying for Deposit Unlock.
- This must be your client’s only mortgaged property on completion (including Buy to Lets)
- Deposit Unlock can’t be used in conjunction with any scheme or non-standard ownership type other than Forces Help to Buy.
Before you apply:
- Applications are submitted using NFI Online
- You'll need to attach a ‘Confirmation Letter’ from the builder to the case in NFI Online
- Our standard LTV limits apply on New Build properties where your client does not qualify for Deposit Unlock.
You can find more information on the Deposit Unlock website. There 's also useful information for your clients who may be interested in Deposit Unlock.