Supporting you and your clients through the Coronavirus outbreak
Last updated 4 September 2020
Getting help with your client's mortgage
We’re committed to supporting our mortgage members who’ve been financially affected by coronavirus. There’s a number of ways we can help.
Changes to our services
Our opening times and the support we offer has changed slightly, please check our contact us page for how to get in touch.
How you can help us
Our contact centres are experiencing a high volume of calls. You can help us by trying to find the answer to your question in the following ways:
- Check our A-Z criteria for our detailed lending criteria.
- Use Broker Chat from 9am to 5pm for pre-application queries.
- If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated Pipeline applications page for all the latest information
- Get a update on your case on NFI Online, see our Case tracking page or watch a short video to see how to do this
- Check our current service levels
- Check when a Switcher will/has completed on NFI Online. Open the case and at the top of the Case Home screen it will confirm the date the switcher will go/went live.
If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated page for all the latest updates.
Changes to income criteria
To reflect the latest government announcements, we’ve updated our income criteria including detail about furloughed salaries, zero hour contracts and bonus, overtime and commission.Read our income criteria Read our employment criteria
Where your client is one month from offer expiry and needs an extension, we’ll allow a three month extension – subject to eligibility criteria and confirmation their circumstances haven’t materially changed.
We’re continuing to assess and sign off cases using automated and desktop valuations where possible.
Where we’re unable to make contact with the applicant/vendor to arrange a booking date for a physical valuation, we’ll either leave a message or send a text to the applicant or vendor/estate agent.
90% LTV for first time buyers
To provide additional support to your clients looking to get their first step on the property ladder, we’ve returned to 90% LTV for first time buyers.
LTV limit for existing Nationwide borrowers
The maximum LTV is 85%, except for existing Nationwide borrowers. In these circumstances, applications above 85% LTV will only be available on a like for like (based on LTV) basis.
Search our A-Z criteria to find what you’re looking for.A-Z criteria
Track the progress of your application using NFI Online, select case tracking for an instant update.Login to NFI Online
Need to talk to us?
If you need further support, please contact one of our experienced advisers on Broker Chat.Use Broker Chat now