Supporting you and your clients through the Coronavirus outbreak
Last updated 7 April 2020
We know that recent developments around Coronavirus (COVID-19) will be concerning for you and your clients.
We’re keeping a close eye on the situation and have put in place measures to support you and your clients during any personal disruption, ill health or financial difficulty arising from Coronavirus.
Changes to our services
- Dedicated Broker Support phone lines aren't available until further notice. Use Broker Chat from 9am to 5pm for pre-application queries.
- Case Updates are only dealing with material changes and completion queries and have reduced opening hours from 9am to 5pm. Use NFI Online to get an update on your case.
Procuration fees will be paid as normal via your nominated Corporate Account.
How you can help us
Our contact centres are experiencing a high volume of calls. You can help us by trying to find the answer to your question in the following ways:
- Check our A-Z criteria for our detailed lending criteria.
- Use Broker Chat from 9am to 5pm for pre-application queries.
- If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated Pipeline applications page for all the latest information
- Get a update on your case on NFI Online, see our Case tracking page or watch a short video to see how to do this
- Check our current service levels
Our Specialist Support team has dedicated services to help your clients through challenging times. We've introduced mortgage payment holidays for our members who have been affected by Coronavirus, allowing a period of flexibility.
If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated page for all the latest updates.
Changes to income criteria
To reflect the latest government announcements, we’ve updated our income criteria including detail about furloughed salaries, zero hour contracts and bonus, overtime and commission.
Where your client is one month from offer expiry and needs an extension, we’ll allow a three month extension – subject to eligibility criteria and confirmation their circumstances haven’t materially changed.
The current government guidelines mean valuers are unable to carry out physical mortgage valuations. As a result, we’re working urgently to carry out as many valuations as possible via automated valuation model (AVMs) and remote desktop valuations.
Northern Ireland completions
Currently, completions in Northern Ireland can't take place as the Land Registry is closed until further notice. We're waiting on guidance from UK Finance, so please don't call us for any case updates, we'll update this page when we have more information.
Be aware that some criminals are using Coronavirus to trick people into sharing personal or financial information.
Watch out for:
- Cold calls from criminals pretending to be from Nationwide or other respectable organisations.
- Emails that ask you to click on a link to log in, update information, or to access important news.
- Remember that Nationwide will never ask you to move money to a safe account.
- Do not click on links within emails – go direct to the site using the web address you know to be correct.
Search our A-Z criteria to find what you’re looking for.A-Z criteria
Track the progress of your application using NFI Online, select case tracking for an instant update.Login to NFI Online
Need to talk to us?
If you need further support, please contact one of our experienced advisers on Broker Chat.Use Broker Chat now