Supporting you and your clients through the Coronavirus outbreak
Last updated 1 July 2020
Changes to our services
- For new applications, use Broker Chat or call us from 9am to 5pm.
- For NFI Online technical support:
- Broker Chat is available 9am to 5pm
- For submitted applications:
- Where possible, please use case tracking on NFI Online to get an update on your case. If you can’t get the information you need, you can call us between 9am and 5pm.
- If you need to call us for material changes or completion queries, you can do this between 9am and 5pm.
How you can help us
Our contact centres are experiencing a high volume of calls. You can help us by trying to find the answer to your question in the following ways:
- Check our A-Z criteria for our detailed lending criteria.
- Use Broker Chat from 9am to 5pm for pre-application queries.
- If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated Pipeline applications page for all the latest information
- Get a update on your case on NFI Online, see our Case tracking page or watch a short video to see how to do this
- Check our current service levels
- Check when a Switcher will/has completed on NFI Online. Open the case and at the top of the Case Home screen it will confirm the date the switcher will go/went live.
Getting help with your client's mortgage
We’re committed to supporting our mortgage members who’ve been financially affected by coronavirus. There’s a number of ways we can help.
Our Home Support Hub on nationwide.co.uk contains the full range of options available to help your clients with their mortgage payments.
If they’ve already been on a mortgage payment holiday
All the options in our Home Support Hub are still available to them, including our new mortgage payment break. It’s very similar to our previous mortgage payment holiday, but the application process has changed.
They’ll also be able to choose between a full or a partial payment break.Visit the Home Support hub Read more about payment breaks
If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated page for all the latest updates.
Changes to income criteria
To reflect the latest government announcements, we’ve updated our income criteria including detail about furloughed salaries, zero hour contracts and bonus, overtime and commission.
Where your client is one month from offer expiry and needs an extension, we’ll allow a three month extension – subject to eligibility criteria and confirmation their circumstances haven’t materially changed.
Valuers are now able to carry out physical inspections of all properties in the UK, except Leicester.
We'll continue to assess and sign off cases using automated desktop valuations where it is possible. If we're unable to carry out a desktop valuation, the valuation will be placed on hold.
LTV limit for existing Nationwide borrowers
The maximum LTV is 85%, except for existing Nationwide borrowers. In these circumstances, applications above 85% LTV will only be available on a like for like (based on LTV) basis.
Be aware that some criminals are using Coronavirus to trick people into sharing personal or financial information.
Watch out for:
- Cold calls from criminals pretending to be from Nationwide or other respectable organisations.
- Emails that ask you to click on a link to log in, update information, or to access important news.
- Remember that Nationwide will never ask you to move money to a safe account.
- Do not click on links within emails – go direct to the site using the web address you know to be correct.
Search our A-Z criteria to find what you’re looking for.A-Z criteria
Track the progress of your application using NFI Online, select case tracking for an instant update.Login to NFI Online
Need to talk to us?
If you need further support, please contact one of our experienced advisers on Broker Chat.Use Broker Chat now