We will use the same solicitor as your client if they are on our panel.
- Your client will be liable for our legal costs – these will be listed separately on the invoice from their solicitor
- Your client will have to reimburse their solicitor for various charges incurred on their behalf, such as Search fees and Land Registry registration fees
Free standard legal fee products
Our conveyancing partner will appoint a solicitor to act on its behalf for conveyancing purposes. The solicitor will contact your client directly to advise details of the instruction.
We will pay the cost of the standard legal fees for a straightforward remortgage of registered land.
Your client will be required to pay all charges and fees* relating to non-standard work that a conveyancer deems necessary, such as:
- Mining or any other unusual search fees
- Fees for first registration of the title at H.M. Land Registry
- Dealing with a change of name on the title deeds or a transfer of equity
- Additional work required to put title deeds in order etc
For a full list of non-standard fees your client may have to pay please see our additional charges guide and ensure a copy of this guide is provided to your client. The acting solicitor will send your client a full list of the non-standard fees in the initial instruction letter.
*Please note that a telegraphic transfer fee will be payable to redeem each existing charge.
For leasehold cases, the ‘free standard legal fees’ scheme doesn’t include any fees your client must pay:
- to the freeholder or management company
- for carrying out a company search or obtaining company documentation in respect of management company
Where your client takes the cashback option with one of our remortgage products they will be responsible for:
- appointing their own solicitor
- payment of all conveyancing fees