We will use the same solicitor as your client if they are on our panel.
- Your client will be liable for our legal costs – these will be listed separately on the invoice from their solicitor
- Your client will have to reimburse their solicitor for various charges incurred on their behalf, such as Search fees and Land Registry registration fees
Free standard legal fee products
We'll share your client’s details with our conveyancing partners and they'll have a conveyancer allocated within two working days of submitting their mortgage application. The conveyancer will contact your client directly if they need additional information from them.
We’ll pay the standard legal work. which covers basic legal costs including the conveyancers professional fee and standard disbursements, however, to repay their existing mortgage, your client will need to pay a fee to transfer the funds.
Your client will be required to pay all charges and fees relating to non-standard work that a conveyancer deems necessary, such as:
- Mining or any other unusual search fees
- Fees for first registration of the title at H.M. Land Registry
- Dealing with a change of name on the title deeds or a transfer of equity
- Additional work required to put title deeds in order etc
For a full list of non-standard fees your client may have to pay please see our additional charges guides and ensure a copy of this guide is provided to your client. The acting solicitor will send your client a full list of the non-standard fees in the initial instruction letter.
For leasehold cases, the ‘free standard legal fees’ scheme doesn’t include any fees your client must pay:
- to the freeholder or management company
- for carrying out a company search or obtaining company documentation in respect of management company
Where your client takes the cashback option with one of our remortgage products they will be responsible for:
- appointing their own solicitor
- payment of all conveyancing fees