Earlier this week, we proudly published our full year results for 2016/17.
We've achieved these by working together with you. So, we wanted to say thank you for the part you play in helping us to help thousands of people get a foot on the housing ladder, or take the next step up it.
And because we recognise the vital role you play, earlier this year we confirmed that we'll be paying a procuration fee for retention business later in 2017, giving all intermediaries access to our full range of switcher products and market leading online process from day one.
Here are some highlights from our annual results:
- Record gross mortgage lending of £33.7 billion, up 3%*.
- Record gross prime mortgage lending of £29.1 billion, up 14% from last year* of which 72% came through mortgage intermediaries.
- The Mortgage Works saw gross lending of £4.6 billion.
- As the UK's second largest mortgage lender, we achieved gross and net lending market shares of 14% and 25.4% respectively.
- We helped a record 75,000 first time buyers onto the property ladder, an increase of 31% on last year*. That's 1 in 5 of all first time buyers.
- These highlights reflect a strong set of full year results with underlying profits of £1,030 million and statutory profits of £1,054 million.
Once again, thank you for your continued support. We couldn't do it without you.
*Compared to full year results 2015/16