Today, we proudly publish our end of year results for 2015/16.
So we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for helping us deliver another great set of results. We couldn't have achieved these without your continued support.
Here are the key highlights:
- Record full year gross mortgage lending of £32.6 billion, up 20% from last year.
- We strengthened our position as the UK's second largest mortgage lender, achieving gross and net lending market shares of 13.7% and 21.4% respectively.
- We helped 57,200 first time buyers onto the property ladder, that's 1 in 6 of all such mortgages in the UK, supported by the widening of our 90% to 95% LTV offering.
- We continue to strongly support the new build sector, with our competitive products and the dedicated support we provide brokers.
- The Mortgage Works contributed 22% of gross mortgage lending, rising to £7.1 billion.
- These highlights reflect a strong set of full year results with underlying profits up 9% to £1.337 billion and statutory profits up 23% to £1.279 billion.
Nationwide and The Mortgage Works continue to play a major role in supporting the housing market. We feel these results demonstrate our continued commitment to both intermediaries and the market.
Thanks once again for the support you've given us, we couldn't have done it without you.