We've published our half year results, and because we recognise the hugely important part intermediaries have played in helping us achieve them, we want to share some of the highlights with you:
- Record half year gross mortgage lending of £14.9 billion, up 14% from last year.
- We reinforced our position as the UK's second largest mortgage lender, achieving gross and net lending market shares of 13.2% and 21.2% respectively.
- We helped 25,700 first time buyers onto the property ladder.
- The Mortgage Works saw growth of 32% with gross lending up to £2.9 billion.
- These highlights reflect a strong set of half year results with underlying profits up 27% to £801 million and statutory profits up 34% to £802 million.
With your help, Nationwide continues to play a major role in supporting the UK housing market. We're looking forward to carrying on this success and working closely with you for the rest of the financial year.