Today, we proudly publish our end of year results for 2014/15.
Without the continued support from Intermediaries, we couldn't have achieved another excellent year and we're all working hard behind the scenes to continually improve our products and services for you.
We've highlighted some of the key results below:
- Nationwide became the second largest lender this year, leapfrogging competition, with mortgage balances of £152.8bn.
- Net lending was £7.1bn (2014: £9.9bn), at 31.2%, above par share.
- Around 46,000 first time buyers were able to move into a home of their own across 2014/15. Our share of the first time buyer market was above Nationwide's par share.
- £58,000 per minute was lent to first time buyers last year, equating to £3.5m per hour.
- With a hugely successful year, The Mortgage Works saw year-on-year growth of 27%, with gross lending up £1bn to £4.7bn.
- Overall mortgage lending at £27.1bn (2014: £28.1bn) - above par share (13.4%). This translates to 141,000 completed mortgages.
Our results really reflect the positive work going on behind the scenes, and it feels great to share them with you. Nationwide and The Mortgage Works continue to play a major role in supporting the housing market and we are now the second largest lender in the UK.
We look forward to working with you this year, and thanks once again for the support you have given us - we couldn't have done it without you.