NewBuy is a joint Government / Builder Indemnity Guarantee scheme for the new build market. Through NewBuy your client can purchase a New Build House or Flat with a deposit from 5% to 9.99%.
- Nationwide will lend between 90.01 – 95% LTV on New Build Houses and Flats build by selected builders (see below for details).
- The property must be the applicants' main residence.
- The property cannot be used for a holiday or second home, or a Buy to Let as must be owner occupied.
- Shared Ownership and Equity Share are unacceptable in conjunction with NewBuy.
- Part Exchange of your clients' existing property accepted.
- Applicants must be UK citizens or those who are non-EEA nationals must have indefinite leave to remain.
- Applications are subject to our standard affordability and underwriting policy.
- NewBuy applications are only accepted on a capital and repayment basis.
- Existing borrowers wishing to port their current mortgage product to a NewBuy property can do, please see the porting section (below for more information).
- The scheme is currently only available on properties in England.
- Where a product fee applies, this can be added to the loan provided the total borrowing (i.e. loan plus fee) does not exceed 95% LTV.
- Maximum Loan Size £350,000
|Property Type||LTV Limit|
|Non NewBuy New Build House||85%|
|Non NewBuy New Build Flat||75%|
|NewBuy House or Flat||90.01 - 95%|
A minimum deposit of 5% is required on all NewBuy cases which can only come from:
- The applicants own resources
- Gift from family/friends (the gift must not be repayable under any circumstance and have no conditions attached)
- A combination of the above is acceptable
- A bespoke range of NewBuy products available for this lending between 90.01 – 95% LTV.
- Please refer to our current interest rates for full details.
Builder cash backs/deposits and other financial incentives such a payment towards legal fees, stamp duty or mortgage subsidies will not be permitted in conjunction with a NewBuy application.
The following Non financial incentives are acceptable:
- White goods (where not included as standard specification)
- Floor coverings
- Integrated lighting (down lighters)
- Kitchen upgrade, including tiling and worktops
- Bathroom upgrade
- All electric upgrade – i.e. additional sockets, TV points, etc.
Existing borrowers can port their current mortgage product to a NewBuy property. Ported products are subject to our normal New Build LTVs. Therefore, the ported part of the new loan will be limited to 85% LTV for a New Build House and 75% LTV for a New Build Flat. The ‘top up’ must be taken on a NewBuy product. This may result in the customer being charged an ERC if they are only porting part of their existing balance.
For information on how to submit a porting application please refer to the porting page.
Nationwide instructs its valuers to value all new properties (flats, maisonettes and houses) on an ‘as new’ basis. New properties may include a new build premium. A new build premium is the additional value in a property that diminishes once the property is occupied.
For details of valuation fees please refer to our Valuation Fees page